Web hosting utilizes the server/client model to distribute content. A web hosting provider will offer its clients access to a web server that will push the client’s content to recipients on request. Recipients use web browsers to request content from the Web over their own Internet connection. X-mx provides the web hosting server and other technical resources that are required to provide a consumer with their own customized Web site.
X-mx’s Web hosting services are more advantageous because they are outsourced, meaning that the physical location of the web server does not reside at the consumer’s premises. By outsourcing the Web, the customer effectively transfers responsibility for maintaining his website to X-mx and obtain access to world- class capabilities to control IT functions. The administrative control of the website remains with the customer, though the website is in the X-mx server. Generally, Web hosting does not include authoring of a Web site or the development of database-driven components or code. It is incumbent upon the consumer of Web hosting services to develop this material or have it developed on his or her behalf.
The number of sites will increase based on the demand and the requirement of the customers of the country. By hosting their pages through the Web servers of X-mx the customer can save lot of access time. As the server is available within the safe hands of X-mx any modifications required by the customer can be done immediately to suit the requirements.
The following are the salient features:
- Domain name hosting.
- Web Publishing: HTML pages with Browser supported MIME pages.
- Server side scripting: Perl. Java Servlets, JSP.
- Web Server: Apache, Tomcat.
- Data base: MYSQL.
- SMTP (Exim) and POP3 (apop3d) service for each domain.
- Multiple e-mail ids per domain with flexible mail quota possible.
- FTP access for uploading /downloading files.
- Centralized authentication for SMTP, POP3, and FTP and for administration.
- Multiple Web Hosting Plans to choose.
- Multi user Admin- Administration Console for the management of services & usage reports.
- Multi User – User Administration Console for limited management of services and usage reports.
- Data Transfer quota Exceeded Message Display.